[Public-List] South Mills, NC

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 27 11:51:00 PDT 2012

We are at the Southern Lock for the Dismal Swamp Canal tied to a bulkhead
with nine other boats waiting for the weather to settle down.  Our
"Hurricane Party" will probably last until Tuesday when we hope to be able
to move to Elizabeth City.

We left Cambridge on 10/22 to Solomons where we were the guests of one of
our schooner friends. Then a 0700 departure to Fishing Bay (60 miles) where
we rafted with Ray and Sandy Meyers.  The next day it was another 0700 start
to Portsmouth (45 miles) where we were in time to watch the movie Argo
before getting a good nights sleep.  From there it was through the Dismal
Swamp to the Visitor's Center and because of the possibility of tree
blowdown we moved to South Mills.  Right now the winds are starting to build
and the radar shows a lot of rain coming our way.  Other than being stuck in
place for several days we are comfortable and snugly moored.

Jim Davis
Privateer Isa Lei

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay the price.

Sun Tzu