[Public-List] Circumnavigations

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Sat Oct 20 08:07:54 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:04:00PM -0400, George Dinwiddie wrote:
> >Perhaps a few bucks from Albergers would pay for a modern site - just saying.
>
> No one yet has wanted to do so. Go ahead. I'll shut this site down.
> I wouldn't want people to have to visit two places.

If something like this were to go ahead, could I ask that any new site
maintain the existing site's commitment to keeping things
lightweight/low-bandwidth? I frequently find myself looking to use it
from spotty marina/club wifi connections, on which many "more modern"
sites can take ages to load (if they load properly at all). I'd really
rather not find myself trying to fix something at some far-from-home
marina, and be unable to to get a helpful picture to load because it's
on a website that's wasting all my bandwidth on some useless AJAX
widget. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one with such expectations.

Cheers,
Kris

--
Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/