[Public-List] Rudder Shoe

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:43:11 PDT 2012

Yes Thanks Peter!

I too am in for one. I don't need one of the first since my boat will
be in the water for another month at least.  Next batch?

Question for everyone, I don't even have a pintle on my rudder.  Was
it just a bronze rod protruding from the bottom of the rudder? Does
the hole in the shoe go all the way through? The shoe does not "hole
up" the rudder..correct? Does it act as more then a rotational guide?

-Jeff

Jeff Fongemie
#116 Seagrass

http://picasaweb.google.com/fongemie

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM, George Dinwiddie
<gdinwiddie at alberg30.org> wrote:
> If you can get some photos documenting the process, I'd be glad to post them on alberg30.org
>
> Sent from a primitive pocket computer. Please assume all errors are due to that.
>
> On Sep 19, 2012, at 15:58, Peter McEvoy <peter.t.mcevoy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Y'all,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback. And thanks, Michael for your concern- I don't
>> think asking for a pintle hole is too much though- my plan for that is to
>> just make a quick jig for the finished shoes to fit into, and drill out the
>> pintle hole on the drill press. Although Glenn's suggestion that custom
>> fitting the pintle hole to the boat is prudent. For now I'll leave them
>> undrilled unless people request otherwise.
>>
>> And regarding the price, it's hard to say, but I think charging about 100
>> per shoe is surely inexpensive, but should cover all the material costs and
>> give me a little pocket money to boot. But again, I really don't mind doing
>> this and I need a shoe probably more than anybody else right now.
>>
>> Here's who's on the list for the first round:
>>
>> Jeremy: j_l_brown at shaw.ca
>> Mark Dietrich: mrkdtrch at yahoo.com
>> John Manza: John.Manza at osd.mil
>> Chuck Thomas: thomascwcj at bellsouth.net
>> Myself
>>

>> I'll know on Thursday when the casting date will be, but I believe it could
>> happen next Saturday. The studio is in Berkeley so if Mark or anybody would
>> like to check out the pour that should be possible. I'll keep you updated!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Peter

Jeffrey Fongemie