[Public-List] On the West Coast

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Sep 24 08:14:02 PDT 2012

Hello again friends,

I had a marvelous experience the other day while on this trip.

My wife and I were looking at wooden boats in a harbour near here and noticed a powerful looking ketch in a travel lift heading for the launching slip.

'That looks like John Guzzwell's 'Treasure' I said to Caroline.    We got closer and sure enough it was.   We saw a woman getting set to photograph the launch, I headed toward her to ask if Guzzwell still owned the boat.  Just then John Guzzwell himself walked around the rudder carrying a pan of anti fouling and a roller.

Like an idiot I stuck out my hand and said 'hello Mr Guzzwell, I'm Gord Laco from Canada, I've read everything you and the Smeetons have written'.

We introduced our wives to each other; Caroline gracefully got me away by saying 'launch day is a big day, have a good one' and we stepped away.

Google John Guzzwell and the yachts Trekka, and Tzu Hang.....

I shook the hand of a very brave man who is also one of the greatest seaman.

Gord #426 Surprise