[Public-List] Cheap atomic 4 parts

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Sun Apr 7 20:14:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm getting ready for the annual preventive maintenance
on my Atomic Four. It seems that West Marine has a set
of Sierra brand parts for the Delco distributor (cap, rotor,
points, condensor) for about 35$.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=94932

 From Delco/Neihoff/everybody else these parts would 90-100$
My experience with West Marine is that they generally sell
good stuff, albeit at high prices.

Has anybody tried this kit?
Anybody with an opinion on Sierra in general?
Are these cheap chinese knockoffs and are therefore
cheaper than the Mexican-made stuff Delco sells?

SG

Stephen Gwyn                       | Tel: 1-250-363-3136
Canadian Astronomical Data Centre  | Fax: 1-250-363-0045
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics | Cell: 1-250-885-6969
5071 West Saanich Road             | E-mail: Stephen.Gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria, BC, V9E 2E7, Canada      | http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/