[Public-List] Interior paint

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Apr 15 09:04:29 PDT 2013

Hi,

After consulting several wooden boat forums, I went
with exterior latex house paint. The consensus
seemed to be if it was good enough for *very* humid
places (like the outside of a house, or a bathroom)
it was good enough for *fairly* humid places (like
the inside of a boat). Apparently significant
improvements to the paint have been made, even
in the last 5 years.

It was much cheaper. It cleans up with water, so any
messes I made were easy to remove. I was only doing
part of the cabin, but I could get it colour matched.

Only time will tell if it will last, but it looks
like new after 2 years at least. The main drawback
was I applied in January when it's cold and
humid, so it took a very long time to dry.

SG

Stephen Gwyn                       | Tel: 1-250-363-3136
Canadian Astronomical Data Centre  | Fax: 1-250-363-0045
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics | Cell: 1-250-885-6969
5071 West Saanich Road             | E-mail: Stephen.Gwyn at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Victoria, BC, V9E 2E7, Canada      | http://astrowww.phys.uvic.ca/~gwyn/