[Public-List] Bizzare electrical problem

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Thu Apr 11 16:05:42 PDT 2013

Hi Mike,

Thanks, Its actually a 25 hp Universal marine diesel. So the wiring harness will be some what different, but the components basically the same.  I am planning to check all the circuitry with a multi meter tomorrow to try to find an unexpected short or ground somewhere that would cause the coax to somehow become electrically connected to the starting system, or maybe the bilge pump.   i am suspecting a short occurred  somewhere that somehow energized the antenna wire when i started the engine, or earlier pumped the bilge.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad