[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 2553, Issue 1

isobar at verizon.net isobar at verizon.net
Wed Apr 17 10:11:32 PDT 2013

 Mike... It's melamine foam insulation cut into pads. See:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_foam
3M also makes a Scotch Brite labeled version.

Its chemical composition is a Formaldehyde-Melamine-Sodium Bisulfite copolymer. Sounds bad, but it's entirely benign. Great stuff. 80 cents a pad on Amazon.

Bob Kirk