[Public-List] Ice-box drain problem

Arthur Chotin art at legalprinters.com
Fri Aug 9 08:53:31 PDT 2013

Hi all.

I sail #167 (Kinship III) and need some guidance. The ice-box has been
filling with water and the drain hose to the bilge seems to be blocked.
We've tried to unblock it by inserting a small tube but even though it
is flexible it won't turn the corner and get to the end that empties to
the bilge so we tried it from that end and ran into the same problem
going up to the ice-box.

So, question 1 is whether I have any options to clear it other than
disconnecting the clamp to the hose and hoping I can reconnect it?

Question 2 is if anyone has any thoughts about where the water may be
coming from. The on deck beverage storage compartment (above the
ice-box) is dry and we can't see any obvious place water may be coming in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Arthur
--
Arthur Chotin