[Public-List] Jib tack shackle

David Gilbert bigkanu at rogers.com
Tue Aug 6 14:43:58 PDT 2013

Our Alberg is a later model #620, liner type 1977. The jib sheets came
with a snap shackle fitted to both port and starboard sheets. In time,
we felt that it was a bit dangerous in high winds and if it hit you on
the head or anywhere, could do some damage; so, we now tie only the
sheets through the clew eye with bowlines. Very secure and much safer.
David