[Public-List] Sailcomp 103ac

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Mon Aug 12 06:28:22 PDT 2013

Not sure what I have but I struggled with my fluxgate compass for some time before I realized two things.

1. The compass and the display were not made by the same people. This meant that it did not initiate automatically. There was a tedious manual process.

2. WHEN the compass gets calibrated it populated a table in the memory. It is possible for this table to become messed up - presumably if it gets written to too many times. I had to take mine to a dealer to get it bench tested turns out it was defective.

I focused on the compass being the problem not the display. The boat got zapped by lightning and I ended up relaxing the sailcomp display

JA
197
Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android