[Public-List] Alberg 30 engine requirements

John Johnston danceswithwood at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 12 10:58:26 PDT 2013

Ahoy all! I'm looking at a couple different A30"s, and , of course there are differences in age, condition, gear, etc, but it's a relatively close match. However, one is powered by a Volvo Penta 13 HP, the other with a Beta Marine 20 HP. I would be interested in hearing from the seasoned owners who could weigh in on how much power an Alberg 30 requires, and how do these two diesels stack up against each other. I expect to be doing some rigorous sailing and would hate to be wanting in engine capability when needed. Let's assume the relative age, condition, etc, is fairly comparable. Am looking forward to your replies! Thank you