[Public-List] replacing the toe rail

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Dec 24 14:53:12 PST 2013

    From what I read on the site plus my own experience, it seems as
though pulling up the rails and replacing them is probably not a good
idea unless there is a major problem. Short of planning to go greatly
off-shore, say to Europe, when you might want to replace all the
standing and running rigging too, it seems to me it's asking for a lot
of trouble and a possibly vast expense.  Sort of "it ain't broke don't
fix it." Of course if the wood is either obviously bad or testing
suggests it's bad or there are major leaks at the hull to deck joint you
may not have a choice.

  - Gordon White,
Brigadoon II (# 275)