[Public-List] Re-Sealing the Deck to Hull Joint

Robert Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Wed Dec 25 12:53:23 PST 2013

   On 12/23/13, Michael Grosh<dickdurk at gmail.com> wrote:
   "I removed and prepped, filling in the original bolt holes ( I couldn't
   figure out how to get holes in the New teak to line up with the old
   holes)."
   Michael... It's too late for you unless you have to repeat the job or
   have other line-up  related projects, but I was able to reuse the
   original holes by using dowel centers to locate the bolt holes in a
   couple of sections of toe rail I replaced. For example:

   http://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-4-Inch-2-Inch-Transfer/dp/B00004T82
   I had to buy a couple of extras do do a usable length in one shot.
   The toughest part of the job was cutting the matching Zee shaped scarf
   joints. I couldn't think of a better way than cutting the Z shape bye
   eye in  the good part of the toe rail, then sacrificing some plywood
   templates trying to match the cutout shape. Any woodworkers with a
   better idea?
   Bob Kirk