[Public-List] Nylon vs. Dacron rope?

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 17:29:17 PST 2013

I think the rule of thumb for nylon is it stretches 10% at it's working
load, which for 7/16 is somewhere around 800-1000 lbs. (5900 tensile
strength). That's a lot of energy stored waiting to take out someone.
Probably best just to assume something with a snap shackle is dacron
(polyester).
MichaelGrosh