[Public-List] Nylon vs. Dacron rope?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Dec 25 16:45:32 PST 2013

David,

You're probably right that the one with a shackle is a spinnaker pole
lift, in which case it would be dacron. The others might be spinnaker
sheets, which would also be dacron.

The principle reason for choosing between dacron and nylon is the
stretch characteristics. If you need a piece of nylon for it's stretch,
you could try stretching it and see how stretchy it is. Old nylon might
not be as stretchy as you like. Conversely, old dacron might stretch
more than you like for non-stretch applications.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org