[Public-List] Stern squat.

j_l_brown j_l_brown at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 14 21:56:40 PST 2013

Cement would be contained, sealed and removable.  No direct contact with hull or woodwork.  I'd prefer another solution, I think moving the mast an inch and a bit forward might help, what is the easiest way to do that?

My irritation with the current trim is not aesthetic, though I think the line is painted a bit off(bottom was stripped, blasted and epoxy coated).

  For now I sleep head first in the v berth or wake up with a headache.

At most I've had: dinghy on deck+35lb car with 50' chain+ danforth on deck, 33lb rocna on bow roller+50' chain into locker, and no cushions, with tools and equipment stacked everywhere.  With a full water tank and holding tank on top of that I was close to level, but I don't want to cruise like that.

Others don't seem to notice, based on a few people sleeping over,  but it's honestly an issue that is leading me to consider selling if I can't solve it.

Which would be a shame, I've got a better mast, good sails, all new cushions, new hatches, totally new and dc systems, propane system upgraded chainplates etc.  I've put almost 10k into a boat I bought for 13k to start.  She's basically ready to go except for a few final steps, and the squat which is driving me nuts.

Sent from Samsung Mobile