[Public-List] Stern squat.

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 09:11:25 PST 2013

Anybody know a way to clean up the water tank well enough to use it for potable water?   I tried cleaning the grunge out of the inside by hand, by cutting a hole in the aft end under the little seat between berths, but couldnt reach the top or edges of the tank very well. so now use it to store chain, but want to add additional water storage again for next summer.

Glenn
Dolce

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 15, 2013, at 9:07 AM, Gordon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote:

> We used to carry the tank around full for that purpose; but we've got the
> old leaky top plate issue, so until I resolve that it's empty again....it
> leaked when the boat was heeled over. Fixing the top of the tank is on the
> list.
>
> Gord Surprise #426
>

> On 15/02/13 11:57 AM, "Mike Lehman" <sail_505 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Why not just fill the water tank - 30 gallons at 8lb/gal is 240 lbs...and it
>> is below the water line. You don't have to drink it.

>>> lead (Pb) ingots up under the Vee berth, which I was told helped her