[Public-List] stern squat

Jeremy Brown j_l_brown at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 15 18:55:40 PST 2013

Nope, that's a great idea! I think I'll do just that.
Thank you.

I've found a source for lead, 1-2$ per pound, scrap or 1 oz balls(pea sized).
I might use a combination of the two ideas, as that would trim my port list out too, and level the fore and aft a bit, without taking on a ton of weight.  Then use the foam wedge for the rest.

I found out some good news in my exploration today, my mast was customized by blue water spars about 10 years ago, I'll detail the refit after they inspect it next week if they can find their files, apparently it included a better mast head, significant welding and upgrading of components and rigging for offshore use, they remembered the owner, and said they did about 6 alberg 30 masts over the years, and have a list of modifications they recommend.

George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org> wrote:

Jeremy,

On 2/15/13 8:33 PM, j_l_brown wrote:
>   I lived on my motorbike for almost a year.
> I've backpacked in BC extensively as well.
> Sleeping downhill is the only thing I don't tolerate especially in my
> home, every day.  I'd not fuss if I was only on the boat on the
> weekend.
>
> I sleep in the salon in the winter when alone despite the slightly
> short berth.   With two in one berth that is not comfortable(a mostly
> sleepless night last night confirmed this fact, 12" each is too
> narrow).
>

> Head forward with two in the v berth is uncomfortable as well.
> Nothing makes a girl less inclined to spend the night again than
> waking up by bashing their head on the shelves or deck as they sit
> up.  I do at least once a week when sleeping head first but I have a
> thicker skull I suspect.
>
> It's something I'd like to correct at least somewhat.

Have you considered just putting a foam wedge under the v-berth
cushions? With a full water tank and an empty lazarette, it shouldn't
take much.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org