[Public-List] stern squat

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 18:03:10 PST 2013

The lazaratte in a small boat is mostly designed for bouyancy,  but particularly on an A30 is a great place to store big round fenders and docklines, etc.  I also keep a five gal rubber bucket and a small two burner SS BBQ there as they are bulky and interfere with getting at the sailing gear in  the cockpit lockers.   I installed a couple of small eyes with light line woven through to tie the BBQ tight against the bulkhead so it  doesnt flail around and hurt my selfsteering and other stuff.  Works great.

BTW, most of the offshore sailing rules on the pacific coast require all hatches and cockpit covers to be secured while underway.   I Adopted the old fashioned method of installing eye bolts through the deck on all four sides of the front and rear hatch, and on the sides of the cockpit walls. Then tie the hatches down with line woven from the eyes  across the hatch, or in the case of the cockpit lockers through for and aft holes in the locker seats down to the eye bolt.  works great!  Doesnt cost much.

Glenn
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad