[Public-List] Cockpit bench seat covers

John Brugeman johnbrugeman at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 26 07:25:45 PST 2013

My cockpit locker seats are not teak but mahogany with stringers underneath and
a piano hinge at the back.  I am only the second owner of #305 (Mermaid) and I
am not sure  if the are original seats or not.  I have lightly sanded them
several times and have always used Sikens on them and they have held up very
nice.  The front of the seat has a lip which is probably a separate piece of
wood which overlaps for a better weather seal on the front side. If you are any
kind of wood worker or know of someone who is, they would not be hard to make. I
would certainly get rid of the plywood.