[Public-List] Cockpit bench seat covers

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:00:44 PST 2013

I've fixed it, but not with success. The problem (I've completely
replaced the hatches with teak strips over plywood) is getting the hatch
to evenly lay on the surrounding surface. The strain of not being quite
right causes the section of hatch where the piano hinge is attached to
separate from the rest of the hatch over time. Even if you think you
have it right, expansion and contraction, swelling for water exposure
etc. throws it all off. It doesn't take much misalignment to overstress
the attachment point.  Those hatch covers take a lot of abuse.
I have not quite figured out my next move, but the later boats (liner
boats) with the molded FG hatches are looking better and better all the
time(hatch wise).

MichaelGrosh