[Public-List] Cockpit bench seat covers

LAF reefed.main at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:20:45 PST 2013

I changed from wood to anodized aluminum, cockpit locker lids and hand
rails. Put wood hand rails inside as backing to aluminum outside. Replaced
in 2006.These pics taken last fall. The black strips are none-skid.
Included pics of old wood lids.
Fabricated lids and rails, then sent to Vancouver to be anodized. Chose a
cooper colour that they side would fade a bit from sun. Which I think then
and now looks nice, oldish. Installed with SS piano hinges and rubber
gasket betw hing and fiberglass and silicone sealer. Neoprene gasket on
underside of cover that meets up with the lip of the locker opening. The
only thing that has deteriorated is the skid from the none-skid.

http://s1073.beta.photobucket.com/user/NanoByTheSea/library/ALBERG%2030%20Turtle/Alberg%2030%20aluminum%20parts

LA Fear
Avalon

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Bill Wallace <wayfarer3134 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hull 626, and yes, I'm talking about the cockpit locker seats.  I wasn't
> going to replace the fibreglass part, just the inlaid plywood.  I've
> already removed it (mostly with a couple of chisels) and repainted the
> fibreglass (with the white 2 part water based LPU).  I could also fill with
> 1 layer of plywood or foam and then cover with fibreglass - that would make
> it fairly resistant to water, and I don't often see the cover anyways since
> I usually leave the seats in place as the cockpit has a permanent cover.
>  The rain still gets in when it blows, so it isn't totally dry.
>
> Bill.

Slan Abhaile, Gaelic for Safe journey home
Phone 360-680-1233