[Public-List] Cockpit bench seat covers - your thoughts ?

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Thu Feb 28 10:23:57 PST 2013

Hi Mike,
I too had Sunstone's seats and aft hatch redone, though too lazy, I took
them to a shop - they did the dirty work and used really nice solid teak
planks - looked great cetoled, buuuut, the numbskulls used Sikkaflex to bed
it down.

Needless to say, I soon had to tae it all up and over winter it on a table
at home with copies of Encyclopedia Britannica serving as weight to flatten
the boards slowly. Another good reason to have said yes all those years ago
to the EB salesman  ; )

I then rebedded the seats with Epoxy resin to seal and while still wet
toweled a thick mix of epoxy and glass filler like one would trowel a shower
before laying tiles.

Looks factory OEM now.

Worked perfectly, though in hindsight, I should have plained down the teak
and laid a plywood &epoxy substrate to eliminate any potential future warp
issues.

Your thoughts as this being an alternative - seem viable ?

Best to all

John