[Public-List] Rudder Post Bearing

j t wittbold johnnywittbold at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 17:25:42 PST 2013

Hi-

New to Alberg ownership and looking for advice.
Need help with how the rudder post bearing on an older 1966 Alberg 30 should be repaired/replaced.
The bearing seems to be missing on my boat Valholl (#207).

I recently encountered water coming up into the cockpit sole from the rudder post head while motoring for a long time.
I did search a little on the site, but didn't seem to find the information on "how to repair/replace".
Valholl is out of the water for some bottom work and I'd like to take care of this at the same time.

Any advice appreciated.

Todd Wittbold
Valholl #207