[Public-List] gas tank replacement.

jdusseault at synergem.org jdusseault at synergem.org
Thu Jul 18 10:21:19 PDT 2013

I discovered yesterday that my gas tank is leaking.  I promptly emptied it
and am now looking for a replacement and some advice.  Kilwinning #446 was
built in 1970 and launched in 1971.  She is a liner series boat with the gas
tank under the cockpit sole behind the A4.  I believe the tank is about 12
US gals.  If possible, I would like to replace it with a slightly larger
tank.  Have any of you replaced this type of tank?  What kind of tank?  How
did you get it in and out?  How did you get access to unfasten and later
refasten the tank?  I would also appreciate any recommendations for a custom
tank builder?

Kilwinning is presently on the St-Laurence River at Iroquois, Ontario.

Thanks for your help!!

Jacques M. Dusseault

Tel: 819-561-1268

Cell: 613-220-2230