[Public-List] Can anyone recommend a surveyor in the Norfolk area?

Jason S mpcylinderheads at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 21:45:45 PDT 2013

I decided to skip a survey when buying my Alberg....all areas of the boat
are easily accessible. The boats are pretty basic and easy to maintain.
Check chain plates, rigging. Have it hauled and inspect rudder. Check decks
with screwdriver. Tap the decks through out. Should not sound hollow.
Listen for creeking on decks as well. Do a compression test on engine. If
all systems look good go for it. A surveyor is only going to give his best
guess anyway.
I knew when buying my Alberg that I would be replacing rigging anyway do it
wasn't to much of a deal breaker that it was original.
What Alberg in Norfolk are you looking at.....there is one right next to me
for sale, I could give you some info on if it is the boat you are looking
at. Hull 449?

Thanks
Jason
www.svsalacia.blogspot.com