[Public-List] Electric power.

Richard Mair ramair49 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 09:36:48 PDT 2013

Continued. We try to keep discharge to about 50%. This only comes into play
if we need to run contionusly for a while. We then run on 1 bank and charge
the other. On day sails usually less than 10% is used and that is
recharged  by the time we need it again. At that depth I just leave it to
the solar panels.  At 3 knots we run about 4 hours to 50%. We can run 8
hours by switching packs amd charging the off pack.
Concorde says we can take the batteries to 80% discharge once in a while as
long as they get a full charge after. Takes about 4 kw to do 5 knots. More
info as we do the trip. Richard