[Public-List] Lightning Ground

David Gilbert bigkanu at rogers.com
Fri Jul 26 09:07:34 PDT 2013

I agree with Gordon. We did carry a heavy wire, one of a set of of
battery cables; it has a copper plate about 6"X3" bolted to it which
we used to attach to the back stay and trail overboard behind us if we
felt endangered. But I have read that there is nothing made by man
that will contain the energy in a lightening strike. We are old now
and cruise only in the Toronto area and the CN Tower takes most of the
hits so we rely on it and good luck.