[Public-List] depth transducer

Bob Norway examiner at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 4 13:29:19 PDT 2013

I use the inexpensive Uniden QT-206 with the Inside-The-Hull transducer. The
transducer is mounted in the starboard locker, just behind the bulkhead
separating the hanging closet from the main cabin. I've used this type on
three different boats from a 23'Sovereign to a 25' Oday to the Alberg 30.
The only problem discovered was having to construct a cover for the
indicator, otherwise the sun will burn out the digital readout after a
while. Of course, if you mount the indicator inside on a swing out mount, no
problem... :).

The current location gives me a readout that is about one foot less than
actual depth, so as long as I keep her at 4' or more, I'm golden. And on the
Banana River here in central Florida where the average depth is 7-8 feet in
the area we sail in, that is most important, since we usually anchor in
about 5-6' of water.

And yes, I have been aground, but not due to faulty readings on the
indicator. Just strictly 'operator error'....hehehe....

Cheers,
Bongo Bob Norway
_________________
S/V Beowulf #488