[Public-List] depth transducer

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Tue Jun 4 14:12:50 PDT 2013

Hi Gordon,

I use a garmin transducer mounted inside the hull and it works fine. Depth readings down to 200 fathoms in some spots.  No problems.  Also had a heavy laid FG commercial fishing vessel in Alaska with thru hull tranducer and it worked perfectly also.   I asked around before buying the Garmin a few years ago and all the techs I spoke with said the frequency ranges of modern tranducers is fine for shooting thru fiberglass hulls.

Glenn
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad