[Public-List] Holding tank vent

John Riley jriley at dsbscience.com
Mon Mar 4 19:11:20 PST 2013

I asked this same question before drilling holes in my bow...or a
similar one.  What about waves in rough seas.

I believe it was Mike Lehman that provided the obvious (once I thought
about it) answer that George gives below...any water intrusion into the
vent merely would go into the tank itself.

At worse, it would help clean the tank out.

I should add that I have a hand operated pump to pump the tank overboard
offshore where it is legal to do so vice a head that can be pumped
directly overboard.  Taking sea water into the holding tank, which has
never happened to us by the way, would only mean having to pump the tank
empty a bit earlier than I planned.

Regards,

JR

--