[Public-List] Holding tank question

Glennb brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Sun Mar 3 17:41:32 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am replacing my old chain locker holding tank with a new tank and plumbing. The new tank will be located under the port berth in the focsle.

There is an existing shut off valve  in the old discharge line that isolates the old tank from the y valve and overboard valve both located at the head.  Is there some U S requirement to have a shut off valve mid way between the tank and the overboard discharge point?  If so, where should I relocate the valve with my new plumbing routing?

Also, WITW (where in the world) should I route the breather tube outlet from the new tank.  I sure  dont want to live with the fumes/oder of the breather tube outlet in the boat, or outboard forward along the cabin top.

Thanks

Glenn
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad