[Public-List] Early style mainsheet traveler question

Glenn brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Sun Nov 3 09:43:43 PST 2013

David,

I remember my main traveller ss track  was slightly larger (1/8 or 1/4 can't remember, but next size up for sure) than the genoa track.  However the oak piece underneath isnt all that critical. Its just a spacer.  i think i cut mine to be 5/8" tall off the deck.  The old one was likely 1/2" high in its early days.  As Gordo said you do need an easy fit for the traveler car to slide back and forth.  Take a 1/2" sharp chisel with you and scrape out any wide spots after you install.  Chisel Makes it easy to run the  track back and forth.

Glenn
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPad