[Public-List] Early style mainsheet traveler question

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 04:52:15 PST 2013

David

I bought and installed a new traveller on Gilleleje this year. I bought it
from Garhauer and it is a beautiful piece. The cost was $325 which I thought
was very reasonable. Practical Sailor gave it excellent ratings even when
compared to the more expensive Harken or Lewmar brands which are in the $600
range. It works very smooth and easy. They will match the hole patterns for
the old Nicro Fico one...4" on center. The traveller is 48" long. I did not
put a wood spacer under it, instead thru-bolted it directly to the deck. It
needed about 2" of curvature, but I was able to make the curve by tightening
the bolts starting from the center and working my way to the ends. The model
is the MT-1. http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=34

Regarding genoa tracks on the boats that have a wooden spacer...I have
replaced the spacer with Delrin available from McMaster Carr. I works very
well and eliminates the problem with wood rotting and splitting.

Hope this helps.