[Public-List] Sink hose and seacock size?

Jeffrey fongemie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 04:17:43 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I've got a funky setup for my sink drain, and I'd like a better
solution.  My galley sink has a 2 inch drain, with a 2 inch hose that
leads to a 1 1/4" marlon seacock, connecting with a plastic reducer
kind of thing that screws into the top of the valve.

I'm replacing the seacock with bronze, but would like a better
solution to connect the hose.  Of course, I could drill the
through-hull out to 2" and buy a larger valve, but I'd rather not have
the larger hole if possible. 1 1/4" seems plenty to empty the sink.

What size sink seacock do the rest of you have?

Any good ideas?

It would be great if there was something like this out there, only larger:

http://www.coxhardware.com//images/Product/large/KFP8243.png

Thanks,

Jeffrey Fongemie

Seagrass