[Public-List] Rope main halyard?

Glenn brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Oct 28 10:58:18 PDT 2013

Randy,

Port Townsend Rigging built me a new masthead last spring.  I replaced wire rope halyards with 3/8" non stretch double braided rope. I think it was New England Rope Sta Set X.  There are some more racy rope styles available including spectra/dymeema etc hi tech stuff, but the cost differential didnt make sense to me for my intended use on a cruising boat.  You could call them and ask what they recommend.  Probably they would tell you a lot over the phone.  Also, They put in new 4" diameter delron ?? Masthead sheeves, and I have had absolutely no trouble with the set up since.

Cheers
Glenn
dolce. 318

Sent from my iPad