[Public-List] Rope main halyard?

Bill Wallace wayfarer3134 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 11:42:40 PDT 2013

I use 3/8" dacron (polyester).  I wouldn't go with anything bigger without checking it will actually fit.  I bought 2* the length to deck (36'x2=72') so that I have a few feet to cut off to change the location of the knot and the location of the rope on the block.  (I tie the sail halyard and the knot definitely wears a little every season - I allow 2 seasons between reties).

Bill