[Public-List] Fascinating article on early day FG boat uilding

Glenn brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Sep 2 19:57:10 PDT 2013

David ,  very interesting story.  Didn't know the early boats were often clear.  I have heard a claim by a local boat broker that early designs had thick  hulls to alleviate the need to have frames so they gain more space inside.  Most of the early day designers and established yards did work for the navy during the war effort, so Iam thinking Whatever existed for FG state of the art must have been fairly widely known within the industry although not necessarily with The public.  Fascinating nevertheless.

Glenn
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPhone