[Public-List] Structural integrity of bow

Bill Woodford williamwoodford at charleswoodford.com
Fri Sep 20 06:36:17 PDT 2013

Speaking to the issue of the large # of bolts, I removed my stem head
fitting this year in order to replace the wooden bow piece.  Yes, there are
a large number of bolts in the bow.  Many of them were apparently used to
attach the stem head fitting to the hull, there are others attaching the
wood piece to the deck and of course, the hull to deck ones as well.  I'd
be more concerned to hear they were not present.

It was a pain in the posterior to remove the stemhead fitting.  Obviously a
two man job.  (Four if you count the guys standing around drinking beer)

Woody
US 11