[Public-List] Charging a battery on a mooring

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 14 18:43:34 PDT 2014

Looks like we may have our boat on a mooring for a while, which is a new experience for us.  How do you folks who do this keep your batteries charged?  I was assuming that the alternator will help bulk charge it, and I am thinking of getting a small solar panel (30 watts or so) with a good controller, and mounting it in the stern rail so that I can tilt it down flat when sailing.  Any thoughts, or suggestions?

Thanks!

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229