[Public-List] Charging a battery on a mooring

Glenn brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 21:12:23 PDT 2014

I bought a 45 watt solar panel two years ago and it charged my batteries all season long.  Never plugged into shore power the whole season.   Prices have come way down over the last two years, and charging capacity has gone up.  Good deal all around now.  If you decided to go with a solar panel, Make sure not to buy one over 18 to 24" high as anything taller will be difficult to mount on the (side) rail, without dipping in  the water when heeled over. An option: install a fold down swim  ladder on the  stern and install the panel on the ladder. You can adjust the panel angle with a length of line tied to the stern pulpit. When in port or mooring, cinch it up to vertical.  Works great.

Glenn B
dolce 318

Sent from my iPad