[Public-List] 50th Anniversary Year - A 30 Parade of Sail August 9th; Old Timers Race (OTR) August 10th

John Maliszewski jrmalis at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 08:06:22 PDT 2014

Folks, it is time to stand up and be counted for our 50th Anniversary Year -
A 30 Parade of Sail August 9th and Old Timers Race (OTR) August 10th. We
have secured the docks of National Sailing Hall of Fame (NSHoF) for the
entire weekend and need the boat count of committed participants for the
Parade. We are hopeful that our organization and any non-members in the
Annapolis area can muster 50 A30 in the Annapolis Harbor for this event.
This event is open to both the members and non-members.

The only requirement for the boats is to be an Alberg 30 and be in a "full
dress"; club burgee, if any and a string of signal flags to the masthead. It
is not necessary to use the genuine signal flags as West Marine sells a
string of dress up flags for around $17.00 and those would be just fine. Our
parade route will take us from the outer harbor to Ego Alley and back out to
the outer harbor, all under motor propulsion.

I have not received too many responses to my last email of February 3rd, so
please let me know that you are committed to this event.

If you are planning to participate in the OTR on Sunday, please let Jonathan
Adams know that you intend on doing that.

This is a public list announcement to attract non-members, so if you are a
non-member or know someone with an Alberg 30 please encourage them to
participate.

All parade inquiries should be directed to:

John Maliszewski

jrmalis at verizon.net

410-353-8115 (M)

Inquiries about the Old Timers Race to: