[Public-List] In need of a few parts & some advice for our Alberg 30.

Glenn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Aug 7 21:52:41 PDT 2014

Greg,  I replaced my taff rail last year, found it very easy to do.  I used a brisket joiner to edge glue two 4'' wide  full dimensional 1'' teak boards side by side then used the original taff rail to scribe and cut the correct radius to fit the stern.   Just use  # 10 or # 12 wood screws to screw down the new boards onto each existing block. Countersink and plug.

 There is a bit of camber to the deck, but if you start at one side the teak will bend enough to snug down tight across the deck.  You might need a big guy standing on the board whilst you add the screws.  7 coats varnish will really make it standout!

Glenn B
Dolce 318

Sent from my iPhone