[Public-List] Lazy jacks

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Aug 29 11:01:40 PDT 2014

He y All,

I'm still dropping my main on deck in the conventional manner and then
gathering it up, flaking and securing with ties, however I did recently
charter a something or another 36 out on the west coast that had some sort
of bag scenario that worked in conjunction with lazyjacks.  I believe it
was made by one of the sailmakers.  As we were shorthanded (just my wife
and I) it worked pretty slick.  As this was a charter boat, the system
hadn't been completely worked out.  Basically, you unzipped the bag along
the top of the main and then on one side, unhooked small clip that allowed
the lazyjacks to lengthen by about 3 feet.  The was no means to completely
ease the lazyjacks away from the main.

Wes

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM, George Dinwiddie via Public-List <