[Public-List] Lazy jacks

Meinhold, Mike J. via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Aug 29 11:10:49 PDT 2014

Chris,
 I have lazy  jacks that stow on the reef hooks at the main tack.  You unhook them and pull the line along the boom to extend the jacks.
I generally don't use them when I single hand as I take care of dropping the sail and flaking it all as one task.

When someone else is steering the lazy jacks keep the sail out of the cockpit and the helmsman's view.

I have  two reefs  in my main - slab reefing with a heavy grommet at the tack that comes to a hook on the boom, and another at the clew . The reef line is stopped at the boom, goes through the clew grommet, turns at a block on the boom and goes a cleat on the boom well forward.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272