[Public-List] A4 question

Matthew Hay mattrhay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 12:38:51 PST 2014

Hi,
Trying to diagnose A4 issue.  The engine itself great.  But...... When put in gear, there is a terrible grinding/knocking noise, and the boat only barely crawls forward.   Reverse is fine, neutral is fine.

I did smack something with my prop a while back.  It was a big hit dropping engine oil instrument to zero and back and taking a small chip out of prop itself.  But engine ran fine for quite a while after the smack before it starting with this horrible knocking grinding?  So i do not know for sure if they are related??

I did dive on prop and no visable fouling.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Spring is almost here!!

Thank you

Matt
Former owner A 30, 1968 #314
Current owner, 1976 Sabre 28