[Public-List] A4 Question

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Mon Jan 6 14:01:51 PST 2014

Steve,
Carburetor ice is a distinct possibility. Especially as you have described your conditions of loss of power. There is no carb heat on our boats as an aircraft engine would have. On my engine (Gray Marine) there is really only in place a back fire arrestor not truly an air filter. This is all metal and would do nothing to keep the carb inlet temp elevated.  High humidity with temps just above freezing is a perfect scenario for carburetor ice.
Michael #133