[Public-List] Jyb track location on foredeck

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at leidos.com
Wed Jan 29 07:41:13 PST 2014

I have used my working jib quite a bit on the Chesapeake in 18-35 knots,
mostly singlehanding.
It was built to the Chesapeake Bay A30 One-Design rules (Luff 30'   Foot
10'3   Leech 25'9",    LP 8.52',  or 82%)

The sheet runs from the clew, inside the stays, to a snatch block on the
forward track,  usually with the car in the middle, and then to the
primary block and winch.

Close hauled in a breeze when cranked in hard the sheet is 2 inches off
the forward lower.

When easing out,  the sheet contacts the forward lower. When I know I
will be doing a lot of off-the wind sailing I connect a second sheet
outside the stays to avoid chafing.

Mike
Rinn Duin #272