[Public-List] Jyb track location on foredeck

Meinhold, Michael J. MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at leidos.com
Wed Jan 29 08:07:33 PST 2014

I have used both one and two reefs and find it comfortably
weather-helmed close hauled.
I am usually too busy to measure my tacking angles consistently, but I
believe I tack tighter with the working jib and 2 reefs than with the #1
and 2 reefs.
I think that racing you would not be optimal with the working jib unless
you were in gale conditions, but I use it to make singlehanded sailing
safer and more pleasant.
The short sheets make tacking much easier, and the high cut makes
visibility to leeward much better.

I am looking at the A30 sailplan and Alberg drew the working jib sheet
to a point just forward of the main cabin forward window. I would have
to look at my cars, but I think that's about where I have them.
Unfortunately there is no deck plan that I am aware of to locate them,
but let me know and I will measure mine out.

I would guess #318 is a transitional boat - do you have standup or flat
toe-rails?

Mike
Rinn Duin #272